No matter your
age, the best way to fight against wrinkles is to be proactive with how you
treat yourself. Many people wish they were able to turn back the clock to a
time where their wrinkles were not so pronounced. An opportunity when they were
unaware or uninterested in doing some defensive measures to protect their skin. While you may
not have wrinkles currently, the reality is that you will get them. Starting
today, you can start doing things to delay their onset or their deepness.
There Are 10 Things You Can Start Doing Today
1. Do not wash your face often. Tap water removes the skins natural
barriers, which moisturize and protect against wrinkles. Washing too often
exposes the skin to the elements, which makes it easier to be damaged.
2. Cut back on the sun. The main cause of
wrinkles is sun damage caused by exposure. While sun is important to our health,
too much sun results in serious damage. Wearing a high SPF sunscreen is crucial
for extended solar stays.
3. Quit smoking. The smoke from cigarettes interacts with our skin's on
a biochemical level causing severe damaging. Smoke breaks down the collagen and
elastin in the skin encouraging the development of deep wrinkles.
4. Change your diet to include foods that are more beneficial to
fighting wrinkles. Foods like fish (especially salmon), soy, fruits and
vegetables are very beneficial to the skin in the fight against wrinkles. Fish
is a great source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids, which helps nourish and
plump the skin. Soy contains properties that combat sun damage and helps with
firmness. Fruits and vegetables, especially those containing antioxidants help
to fight against free radicals, helping the skin look younger, more radiant and
5. Moisturize your face often. Moist skin protects against lines and
dry skin that lead to wrinkles.
6. Sleep on your back, and sleep well. Getting adequate amounts of sleep
is important as it fights against the production of cortisol, which breaks down
the skin cells. Sleeping on your back is the surest way to protect against
sleep lines that can develop into full wrinkles.
7. Do not squint. When you squint, a ridge is formed on the skins
surface. The muscle memory of this ends up developing into a wrinkle as we age.
8. Use topical Vitamin C. Research has found that using a topical Vitamin
C helps protect the skin from sun damage and increases the production of
9. Get medical, home or spa treatments to help combat wrinkles. An
injection of Botox, wrinkle fillers, laser resurfacing, chemical peels,
dermabraisons and home high frequency wand kits can all help to protect, hide
or remove wrinkles from the face. Selecting one that is right for your skin and
delivers the results you want.
10. Get and use quality Alpha-hydroxyl acids (AHAs). They help to remove
the top layer of dead skin, which reduces fine lines and wrinkles in the face.
They may also help to stimulate additional collagen production.